The following two presentations will give you information on the rules that apply during the Head of the River.
- The Coxswain Instruction will emphasize some of the important aspects that you will encounter during the Head of the River race.
- The Overtaking Instructions will emphasize several situations on how to pass each other obeying the rules.
- For the rules on the weight of the coxswains, we refer to the Dutch Rules of Racing, Article 7, sub3. (only in Dutch)
- Coxswain weighing will take place at rowingclub Skøll (Jan Vroegopsingel 6, nextdoor to Willem 3). Like the rowers, also the coxswains weighing will take place between 3 and 2 hours before the start of their own devision.
- No weighing of coxswains for master, club, mixed, corporate and junior 16 events.
- Coxswains must be weighed wearing their racing uniform.
- If deadweight of the coxswain needs to be checked or if an extra weighing of the coxswain is needed, the crew needs to dock at Willem III during cooling down as soon as possible.
Attention: The Dutch Rules of Rowing state that minimum age of the coxswain needs to be 12 years. During the Head of the River there will be an exception to this rule. The minimum age will be 14-15 years for all coxswains. This is depending on the fact that the coxswains need turn 15 before the end of the year of the race.