In 2020, the Head of the Amstel was one of the first national races to be canceled due to the Corona pandemic. Other matches followed. Unfortunately, limits on public and sporting life are still in place and we have no idea how long they will last.
While we do not know for certain if and how the Head of the Amstel will be able to proceed due to the Corona-related measures, it is with high hopes, that we have begun preparing for the Head of the Amstel 2021 on 20-21 March 2021.
In light of the uncertainty, Willem III, KNRB, and other rowing clubs, are exploring different scenarios which include variations in terms of time, participant fields, length of course, and location for all the spring races. Together, we hope to find a way to compete this spring!
With respect to the Head, our Race Committee plans to make a decision no later than 15 February 2021 regarding whether the race will move forward, when, and in what form the Head of the River 2021 will take place.
We hope for the best! As soon as we have more information we will put it on the website and social media. So, keep an eye on our website.
Good luck training for hopes for better times.